Monday, April 27, 2009

Author's Note for Portfolio Three

This has been a long, but fun process. As a journalism major, it is clear to see why I like this portfolio a lot, and I like the way it started and the connections that were made from there.

I felt like my letter to the editor obviously related to the original article I read that created my argument. My Op-Ed mirrored many of the same points and arguments I made in the letter to the editor.

My humor piece, which was like an Onion article, totally blew my issue out of proportion and it highly exaggerated everything about it. I liked doing this the best because it was SO ridiculous.

In the end, there were a lot of edits and drafts, and I think the relation was made, from piece to piece. I liked the transition from one part of the portfolio to the next, and I think it is smooth going from letter to the editor, to Op-Ed, to finally The Onion. I think I made all the necessary changes to make my arguments and overall pieces the most effective they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment