Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Humor Author's Note

For my humor piece, I decided to take the Onion approach and write an obnoxious, satirical article. I think it is fairly clear what I am trying to do, and I think my article conveys my point. I think there is always room for improvement, and that is what I am looking for the most. Where are the spots that need clarification? What is confusing?

I know there are some little things I need to address like word choice and things of that nature, but overall, I am looking for feedback on how effective my argument is. Also, what needs to be changed to make it more effective.

4 comments:

  1. Good job. The piece stays true to the Onion's tone and style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it is in accordance to the style that is used by the onion and i think it is funny and goes in accordance with the issue you are addressing
    i dont know what else you could change because i really liked it
    good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was hilarious! I love the "Rick the Electrician" harkening back to "Joe the Plumber." I think that the point was made and the article was effective. It really did seem just like an article from the Onion. I did't really notice areas that needed improvement, everything really seemed to make sense. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your article is in line with the satirical style and I think it was really good to poke fun at the BCS issue in this way. I really don't know much about the issue, but I am assuming that a lot of people have been complaining about the lack of a playoff system (I'm not sure if I have that right), but I like how you exaggerated the issue to point where Obama cares about it. I personally don't see any problems with it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete