Monday, January 26, 2009

Local Community Spaces

Some of my favorite local hangouts include the Pour House, Fuzzys, Buffalo Bros, and Buffalo Wild Wings. Although I am not 21, the Pour House is an awesome place to go watch football on Sunday afternoon. I love going there to watch my Green Bay Packers and many other teams. Fuzzys is a ton of fun, and it is so close to campus that it provides an easy way to get a group together and go out for a bite to eat. Buffalo cubed (Wings and Bros) serve the same purpose: Good food and a great place to go watch TCU or any other sporting event.

Two places that really do not fit in with the previously mentioned hangouts are the TCU library and the TCU rec center. These are hangouts for me as well, but in a very different sense. I like to go to the gym and work out, play racquetball, basketball, among other things. It serves as a tremendous stress release, and I do spend a great deal of my time there. The library used to be a hangout for me freshman year in the sense that I always went there to "study." I found out that I never really got too much done while I was there because so many people come to the library to socialize instead of study. I have been guilty of this too, but nevertheless, I have learned if I want to actually get work done, a coffee shop or even my room is a better choice.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kyle!I love all of the places that you picked for this assignment. They are all really connected with TCU even if they are not directly on campus (such as the Pour House). I do agree that the lib is a place for socializing so its VERY hard to get anything done there but maybe the environment is different at different times. Its def. a place that you could observe at many different times and its right here on campus! Overall, you had really good ideas!

    ReplyDelete