Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Research Experiences

After looking through various databases and doing many google searches, I can say that I have found some very good primary sources for my paper. My topic concerns how the various mediums cover TCU football. I narrowed it down to signing day and recent recruiting, and I was able to find articles in the college, local, and national news. It was interesting seeing the differences.

The Daily Skiff makes signing day front page news, where as ESPN and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram do not. This is understandable, but a difference nonetheless. ESPN has always covered TCU to an extent, but due to the recent success, the coverage has grown enormously.

I see a common theme of TCU becoming a premier player in recruiting. No longer are they red-headed step child of Texas football. They do not just pick over the leftovers. They are beginning to get some top recruits fresh out of the oven. This was made clear in all of the mediums I researched.

No comments:

Post a Comment