Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Library

I observed my space on two different occasions, and most of what I thought about the library was confirmed. It is a big social gathering place, but students do still find ways to get things done while there. Talking with a student, I gathered some interesting information, and she also had some great insight on a few things. One, because the main is gone, and the BLUU is so far away, the library is the only real big meeting place. So, students go there in between classes and to meet up with others more this year than before. I found that to be an interesting observation. Also, my idea that the library is kind of a one stop shop in that it has something for everyone, was confirmed by her as well. All in all, it was fun to see how many people were doing different things in one place. From the cafe to the quiet and loud sections, everyone was doing something...how productive they were is a completely different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment